FKMTkrazy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!

Go down 
+2
doomroar
Sonickrazy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonickrazy
Admin
Sonickrazy

(ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! Empty
PostSubject: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Well, according to some fairly credible sources, there's going to be a new series called "Shin Kurosawa" or "New Kurosawa". All we know so far is that it will be a "thrilling continuation" to the series.

Now, does this mean that Kurosawa is alive? I've heard as such from several people, but I've yet to see it in a proper japanese article so I can verify it myself... I've noticed that people in this fandom like to read ahead and make guesses without really fully understanding what's going on, so it seems likely to me someone misunderstood a Japanese video or something. But I suppose I could be wrong.

It just seems to me like there's nowhere else to go in Kurosawa, really. I don't want Kurosawa to still be alive, to be honest... the ending of Kurosawa seemed to imply that the story was ending the moment that Kurosawa's life ended. I felt that was a perfect way to end the series and it would feel like he was being revived or something similar if fkmt just went "oop, he was alive all along". He made a noble sacrifice, paralleling the Akira Kurosawa movie "Seven Samurai", wherein the Samurai fight and most of them die for a group of peasants that have nothing to offer them and most wouldn't consider worth saving. Having Kurosawa still live on just feels like a copout to me.

But I could see a continuation being possible if it went through the lives of everyone else; how they buried Kurosawa and what lessons they drew from his noble sacrifice, that kind of thing. It wouldn't last very long, though, I don't think, which is why I'm a bit uneasy about this new series; it seems like almost a requirement to make Kurosawa have lived to continue it for any period of time. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com
doomroar
Casual Gambler
doomroar

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Sonickrazy wrote:

But I could see a continuation being possible if it went through the lives of everyone else; how they buried Kurosawa and what lessons they drew from his noble sacrifice, that kind of thing. It wouldn't last very long, though, I don't think, which is why I'm a bit uneasy about this new series; it seems like almost a requirement to make Kurosawa have lived to continue it for any period of time. What do you guys think?

yeah this pretty much sums it up, but yes i would definitively have Kurosawa as it is suppose to be... death.
Back to top Go down
transatlanticalien
Gamble Fish
transatlanticalien

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:00 am

I actually think there was an interview where Fukumoto said something about Kurosawa being alive but you're right that there could just be some misinterpretation

I'm pretty excited because Kurosawa's my third favourite character but a little wary at the same time because ????????????

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://ditzy--scene.tumblr.com
Rinshan
Medium Zawa
Rinshan

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:08 pm

I seriously hope this is just confusion, Kurosawa has a special place in my heart since the manga literally changed my life.

I don't see what FKMT could do with the series, it's wrapped up pretty tightly, the other characters aren't nearly interesting enough to have their own spin-off, like Akagi was in Ten. And doesn't FKMT have like 6 active series anyway?
Back to top Go down
blockhead
Casual Gambler
blockhead

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:42 am

I'd read it for sure, but like some of you I don't really understand how Kurosawa could be alive. I'm sure Fukumoto could come up with some way to explain him being alive that would end up being logical though. That is his best skill after all.
Back to top Go down
Doc
Casual Gambler
Doc

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:57 am

transatlanticalien wrote:
I actually think there was an interview where Fukumoto said something about Kurosawa being alive but you're right that there could just be some misinterpretation
You shouldn't trust someone as twisted as FKMT.
Back to top Go down
transatlanticalien
Gamble Fish
transatlanticalien

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 am

Now why would this innocent face ever lie to me

(ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! Tumblr11
Back to top Go down
Doc
Casual Gambler
Doc

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:39 am

Why would someone that writes amazing stories about liars, cheaters and mind games would NOT lie to you?
Back to top Go down
doomroar
Casual Gambler
doomroar

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:50 am

Doc wrote:

Why would someone that writes amazing stories about liars, cheaters and mind games would NOT lie to you?

why would he NOT lie about lying to us?
Back to top Go down
Doc
Casual Gambler
Doc

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 am

doomroar wrote:
Doc wrote:

(ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! DG3Nuzb
Back to top Go down
doomroar
Casual Gambler
doomroar

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:01 am

Doc wrote:
doomroar wrote:
Doc wrote:

(ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! DG3Nuzb

and yet... it still happens...
Back to top Go down
Doc
Casual Gambler
Doc

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:39 am

Wait guys! I found him!

(ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! 4adi0T3
Back to top Go down
Sonickrazy
Admin
Sonickrazy

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:00 am

Yeah, this ain't no rumor, it's happening for sure: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-02/kaiji-fukumoto-launches-shin-kurosawa-manga

Still no word on if he's actually alive or not, the tagline only asks the question of whether he's alive and doesn't answer it. But I get the vibe that he is, this seems like a major continuation and, as someone said already, none of the other characters are interesting enough to continue the story without Kurosawa. So I guess the whole Seven Samurai parallel was just a big cliffhanger, huh. Oh well.

Should be interesting to see where the story goes from here, I thought the final arc of the original pretty well wrapped up everything Kurosawa was striving for the whole series; he finally made a difference in the world and found people who cared about him. Maybe he'll be working on finding love, now?
Back to top Go down
http://fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com
transatlanticalien
Gamble Fish
transatlanticalien

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:19 am

Sonickrazy wrote:

Maybe he'll be working on finding love, now?

THAT'D BE SO CUTE OH NO <3
So long as there are no more 'chasing foreign women around in a swimming pool' sequences because I can't take that much second-hand embarrassment
Back to top Go down
Doc
Casual Gambler
Doc

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 4:49 am

Now, where's my Kurosawa anime?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!   (ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(ESS) Kurosawa Manga continuing?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FKMTkrazy Forum :: FKMT Discussion :: Other FKMT works-
Jump to: