FKMTkrazy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mokal
Gambler

You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  Empty
PostSubject: You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .    You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:30 am

Why does Akagi always go head first into outrageous danger with no fear of death?

. . .

HE BELIEVES IN REINCARNATION!

He so so utterly and completely believes in reincarnation that he doesn't even hesitate on acting like a man. He can not be killed, by any means.

That is just fucking beautiful
Back to top Go down
blockhead
Casual Gambler
blockhead

PostSubject: Re: You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .    You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:44 am

You're right, I actually screencapped that conversation because it meant a lot to me. I cried at the end of Ten.

You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  Winorl10
You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  Winorl11
You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  Winorl10
Back to top Go down
doomroar
Casual Gambler
doomroar

PostSubject: Re: You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .    You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:29 am

so he is afraid of dying, and afraid of living as some one else, which is about the same as dying... he just wants to live being true to himself, nothing weird there... well actually in a world full of hypocrisies a person being true to himself is quite a rare thing.
Back to top Go down
Rinshan
Medium Zawa
Rinshan

PostSubject: Re: You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .    You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 pm

Sounds interesting, but I never thought of Akagi as believing in reincarnation. The way I always thought of it was that Akagi was intelligent enough to reach an existential crisis (questioning existence and life) at a very young age also partly due to a rough childhood induced by a broken post-war country. He was also intelligent enough to reject common solutions like religion or ignorance.

He chose his own philosophy, that he explains at the end of Ten, which I understood as a variation on a nihilistic view with him only really caring for his own consciousness and mind, but not valuing life itself even a bit, seeing life and consciousness as separate things. That's why he was never afraid of death.

That's how I always understood it, anyway.
Back to top Go down
doomroar
Casual Gambler
doomroar

PostSubject: Re: You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .    You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:50 pm

Rinshan wrote:
Sounds interesting, but I never thought of Akagi as believing in reincarnation. The way I always thought of it was that Akagi was intelligent enough to reach an existential crisis (questioning existence and life) at a very young age also partly due to a rough childhood induced by a broken post-war country. He was also intelligent enough to reject common solutions like religion or ignorance.

He chose his own philosophy, that he explains at the end of Ten, which I understood as a variation on a nihilistic view with him only really caring for his own consciousness and mind, but not valuing life itself even a bit, seeing life and consciousness as separate things. That's why he was never afraid of death.

That's how I always understood it, anyway.

Yeah that's why im comparing dying with losing consciousness, it would be death of personality, even if his body goes on working is like living a coma that is about the same.
Him being reincarnated or not is meaningless since Akagi... what conforms Akagi is already long gone.
Back to top Go down
penguin71
Medium Zawa

PostSubject: Re: You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .    You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:01 pm

It's still really tragic that he died, especially considering the way he did so. But if you think about it, it was probably the most appropriate way he could of. It's not like he would lose a life-or-death gamble or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .    You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Know What They Say In Ten But Like Explains A LOT In Akagi?. . .
Page 1 of 1