HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

(ESS) Akagi Chapter 172 Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crump Biggums
Newb

PostSubject: (ESS) Akagi Chapter 172 Discussion   Wed May 15, 2013 12:55 pm

A very nice beefy chapter. From the opening discard all the way to Akagi declaring Riichi, that's a sweet amount of progression for one chapter of Akagi, imo. It will never get old seeing Ohgi become flabbergasted by Akagi's decision making. That's one of Akagi's most important character traits, to not do the normal approach, what rational risk averse people do. He always has to do the insane move, the move that makes all those around him shocked and stunned.

Can't wait to see Washizu struggle with his next discard in chapter 173.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mokal
Gambler

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Akagi Chapter 172 Discussion   Thu May 16, 2013 7:27 pm

I think it is odd that they keep saying "He only has 5 rounds left" like he ISN'T going to win as Dealer and extend and extend until Washizu is in fourth place or dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc
Casual Gambler

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Akagi Chapter 172 Discussion   Fri May 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Mokal wrote:
I think it is odd that they keep saying "He only has 5 rounds left" like he ISN'T going to win as Dealer and extend and extend until Washizu is in fourth place or dead
He's fighting against Washizu's bizarre luck. Even Akagi recognizes that monstrous luck.

I think that Akagi is gonna win within 2 rounds, just like he did when he defeated Urabe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mokal
Gambler

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Akagi Chapter 172 Discussion   Fri May 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Doc wrote:
Mokal wrote:
He's fighting against Washizu's bizarre luck. Even Akagi recognizes that monstrous luck.

I think that Akagi is gonna win within 2 rounds, just like he did when he defeated Urabe.

I wanna say "He bought the next three rounds"

But technically there were 4 rounds. And TECHNICALLY he only won two of those rounds. . . So whatever

But topping a lead of 100,000 in 2 rounds would require two Kokushi Musous and that just isn't gonna happen.

I predict once Akagi regains his dealer position, he doesn't give it up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (ESS) Akagi Chapter 172 Discussion   

Back to top Go down

(ESS) Akagi Chapter 172 Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1